- Shawn Rider posted to Facebook on Tuesday pleading for information on another Pennsylvania hospital that had a free ICU bed and an EMCO machine
- His mother Karen had been on a ventilator due to COVID-19 since November 23 but her condition had deteriorated and she needed a transfer
- A nurse at York hospital spotted his post and found the family an ICU bed
- Karen was transferred the next day but is still in a serious condition
- She has now been on an ventilator for 13 days
- Shawn has continued to share her story as the family hopes people will ‘take more precautions so they don’t end up in the position we are in’
Shawn Rider posted a heartbreaking plea on Facebook on Tuesday looking for a hospital that had an open ICU bed and an ECMO machine so that his mom Karen could be transferred for treatment.
FULL STORY – dailymail.co.uk