- The Vaccine Tool Calculator was developed by Adriane Labs and the Surgo Foundation
- Users are asked to enter which state and county they live in, what their age is, what job they have and if they have any pre-existing conditions
- The tool reveals how many people are head of the user in their city and state and how many Americans are in their priority group
- It comes as Biden’s nominee for surgeon general Dr Vivek Murthy says he doesn’t believe the U.S. general public will receive vaccines before summer 2021
- After healthcare workers and long-term care residents, the CDC advisory panel has voted for frontline essential workers and adults above age 75 to get the jab
A new online tool reveals how long it will be until different Americans are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
Developed by Adriane Labs and the Surgo Foundation, the Vaccine Tool Calculator asks users to enter which state and county they live in, what their age is, what job they have and if they have any pre-existing conditions.
From there, the calculator tells you how many people in your city and state are ahead of you, and how many Americans are in your priority group.
It comes as a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) advisory panel voted to make frontline essential workers and adults above age 75 the next groups to receive coronavirus vaccines.