Month: August 2020

Posted in COVID-19 Politics

Betsy DeVos slammed for arguing pandemic ultimately a ‘good thing’ for US public education

Common Dreams August 31, 2020 DeVos: “I think this [the pandemic] is a good thing because I think it’s going to really force changes that…

Continue Reading
Posted in COVID-19

Trump’s new coronavirus adviser who calls himself the ‘anti-Dr. Fauci’ is pushing a controversial ‘herd immunity’ approach

“I Don’t Take Responsibility at All” —-> “It is What It Is” —-> It’s a Plan Written by Alex Henderson August 31, 2020 (AlterNet.com) “Proponents of the…

Continue Reading
Posted in COVID-19

SARS-CoV-2 D614G Mutation Explained

The following article is a readable and quite interesting look at the SARS-CoV-2 virus from the perspective of today’s scientists. [F.D. – The D614G strain…

Continue Reading
Posted in COVID-19

Children without COVID-19 symptoms may spread the virus for up to THREE weeks, study finds

Researchers looked at 91 children with confirmed COVID-19 cases in South Korea About 22% were asymptomatic while the remaining 78% either had symptoms when they…

Continue Reading
Posted in COVID-19

Cloth masks do protect the wearer – breathing in less coronavirus means you get less sick

Cloth masks do protect the wearer – breathing in less coronavirus means you get less sick Exposure dose determines severity of disease Masks reduce viral…

Continue Reading
Posted in Politics

How to Vote by Mail and Make Sure It Counts

There’s a lot going on with the USPS right now. Here’s a complete state-by-state guide to how to get your ballot—and when it’s due. https://www.wired.com/story/how-to-vote-by-mail-state-deadlines-usps/

Continue Reading
Posted in COVID-19

Dissecting the immune system’s response to COVID-19

“We’re still struggling to understand whether infection with SARS-CoV-2, with or without COVID-19 symptoms, provides protection from further infections. Antibodies are an indicator of immunity…

Continue Reading
Posted in Politics

Empty mail trucks leaving early — while mail sits on docks — to fulfill Trump appointee’s orders

By: Ben Hall , Kevin Wisniewski Posted at 5:48 AM, Aug 24, 2020   A new investigative report contradicts claims about cost-cutting by President Donald Trump’s postmaster general. Postmaster…

Continue Reading
Posted in Politics

Trump’s pick for Postal Service Chair once headed voter suppression efforts for Republicans

by Sky Palmer “According to HuffPost, President Trump’s pick for a key Postal Service position was behind some of the Republican Party’s most “brazen voter…

Continue Reading
Posted in COVID-19

Covid-19 CAN Strike Twice

33-year-old man in Hong Kong is the first person to get reinfected after testing positive for a mutated strain of the virus four months after…

Continue Reading